Run (at least) one mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
It’s just one mile. Only about 10 minutes of your day (OK fine, 15 minutes if you count the time it takes to change clothes).
Wherever you want. Whenever you want. Just sometime during the day, run a mile.
Why should you do it?
- It’s fun! We went streaking last year, and I don’t think any of us anticipated just how much we were going to enjoy it. In fact, I can’t wait to start streaking again. Squeee!
- You just might lose some weight – during Holiday Cookie Season, no less. Last year, our small test group lost or maintained weight during the streak, and it was not for lack of eating.
- You are guaranteed to be a happier, healthier, more ho-ho-holiday-tastic human being. And since it is the season to be jolly, this just makes good sense.
So come on, and join us! Here is the fine print of the rules:
- This is a running streak, so you must spend your mile RUNNING*.
- Don’t go too crazy. The point of the streak is to stay active and healthy during the holiday season — and NOT to get injured. I recommend keeping with whatever your current comfortable running schedule/mileage is, and only running one mile on your off days.
- Get social with it. Tell people you’re streaking, and invite them to join you. The more, the merrier.
- Got more questions? Runner’s World has answers.
Happy streaking! – Aidz
* Unless you are injured, and in that case, we’ll write you a pass. Just spend some time doing an exercise that you are physically capable of that feels like a running-mile worth of effort, and keep plugging daily until you’re cleared to run again.