Got kids? Then you might not have a lot of time to run …
We are all busy, but as a working mother of four, lately, I am finding it extremely difficult to find time to run. I am hesitant to even sign up for a race because my training is so inconsistent. I don’t beat myself up, though; I run when I can and I love every minute of it. If you have kids, here are some work-arounds that have worked for me:
- Pack up the bikes and let your kids ride beside you.
- Change into your running clothes before the soccer game and run around the track while the kids warm up/cool down/take a halftime break.
- Feed the baby, and then strap him in the stroller for an early morning jaunt. Wake your daughter up to join you.
- Go during lunch, if your office has a shower. Now shower? Go right after work — a half hour won’t kill anyone, but you might if you don’t run.
- Put on your running clothes as soon as you get home from work, and when everyone is in bed, hit the road. You don’t want to waste a workout outfit, do you?
- Go ahead an invest in a double jogger, it’s for you. And your sanity.
I hope you can carve out the time for yourself, I know it’s hard to do. In fact, as soon as I finish writing this, I’m heading out the door (while everyone sleeps). – Amie